Table lamps are a great accent to add to any room in your home. Before you buy a pair of table lamps, it is important to know what to buy and how to use them. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about buying table lamps.
What to Consider When Shopping for Table Lamps
- Style: The style of your home is important to keep in mind when you are shopping for table lamps. Make sure you stick with the same style so that everything is cohesive. There is a wide variety of table lamps available so you will be able to find the perfect table lamps for your style.
- Color: Table lamps are a good way to add a pop of color to your home. If you want to stick to your current color scheme, you should be able to find a set of table lamps that matches well.
- Height: When you are shopping for table lamps, make sure you are buying table lamps. Other types of lamps may not be appropriate to be used on a table due to their height.
- Shade: There are many different types of lamp shades. An opaque or dark shade is good for minimizing glare if you are watching TV. A less opaque shade will provide more light and give off a warm glow.
- Other décor: You will likely be adding other decorations to your table, along with the lamps. Make sure the base of the lamp is not too wide. You want to leave plenty of space on the table for the rest of your decorative pieces.
How Tall Should Table Lamps Be?
Table lamps should be between 24 and 31 inches high. The table lamp should be at eye level when you are sitting next to it. This comes in handy if you are using the lamp as a reading light.
Bedroom table lamp sets on the shorter end of the range mentioned should be used in bedrooms. Taller lamps should be used in living rooms and other spaces.
Should You Buy One or Two Table Lamps?
Table lamps usually look best in pairs. If you have a small table, you might not be able to fit two lamps on it for home decor. In this case, you could put matching lamps on matching end tables on either side of a sofa.
If you have a long table, such as a sofa table or an entry table, you can place a lamp on either end. Then, place additional decorations in the center of the table.
Table Lamp Recommendations
Eyely.com offers a wide range of table lamps that are perfect for every style. Here are a few of our top recommendations:
If you have an industrial-themed space, the Bullfinch Wood LED Table Lamp is a great pick. It is earthy and geometric, which works well in a rustic or industrial room.